Wednesday 18 January 2012

Yorkshire Pudding

This is a convenient recipe I find useful when I run out of bread. I prepare batter the first thing, I leave it to rest and just ten minutes before serving I pour it in the already hot muffin tray. It only takes 10 minutes to have beautifully risen individual puddings and they accompany well with all kind of roasts.

1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
Sun flower oil.

2 eggs
Put all ingredients except oil in a jug and using hand blender whizz to a smooth batter. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for about 20 minutes. Heat oven to 210c pour 1/2 tsp oil in each muffin hole of a 12 deep muffin tray. Put the oiled muffin tray in oven and heat for 5 minutes. 10 minutes before serving pour the batter evenly in the muffin tray to reach 2/3 of each hole. Bake for 10 minutes or till puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment